Father of journalist in Iran waiting for word
Go Deeper.
Create an account or log in to save stories.
Like this?
Thanks for liking this story! We have added it to a list of your favorite stories.

The father of a journalist in prison in Iran says he hopes to hear soon that she will be released.
Reza Saberi said Friday he has talked to his lawyer twice and the lawyer has an appointment to see his daughter, Roxana, on Saturday afternoon. He hopes the lawyer will find out when she will be freed.
A spokesman for the Iranian judiciary said earlier this week that 31-year-old Roxana Saberi was being held in Evin prison north of the capital, Tehran. The Foreign Ministry said she had engaged in "illegal" activities because she continued working in Iran after the government revoked her press credentials in 2006. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton on Thursday called for Saberi's release.
Reza Saberi said he did not know what conditions might be placed on his daughter's release, including whether she would be free to leave the country.

"I think it (her release) will happen. On what conditions, that is what we have to find out," he said.
Turn Up Your Support
MPR News helps you turn down the noise and build shared understanding. Turn up your support for this public resource and keep trusted journalism accessible to all.
Dear reader,
The trustworthy and factual news you find here at MPR News relies on the generosity of readers like you.
Your donation ensures that our journalism remains available to all, connecting communities and facilitating better conversations for everyone.
Will you make a gift today to help keep this trusted new source accessible to all?